After last 2022 successful edition, we have great pleasure to invite you to 5th European Conference Future of Biofuels taking place on 24-25 October 2023 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Along with the European Commission's REPowerEU plan, released in May 2022 in response to energy market disruptions from Russia's invasion on Ukraine, EU aims to rapidly reduce dependence on Russian fossil fuels by 2027. Also with EU’s maritime fuel law to curtail shipping emissions and its sister regulation in the aviation sector, the EU sets the level of acceptable emissions and curtails them over time. Aiming to be serious drivers for biofuel market development.
This year we are focusing on production and implementation of biofuels and future fuels in maritime and aviation sectors to speed up their decarbonization. Other points of focus are: development of new supply chains, latest trends and perspectives for low carbon fuels in fuels mix but also new production technologies, refineries case studies and more. The event is set to bring industry stakeholders, unique content, workshop style discussions and networking. Gives an opportunity to showcase your products and services in the networking area and hold meetings with leaders from the industry.
Conference venue information sheet Future of Biofuels 2023
Molestien 11, 2450 København SV, Denmark
Scandic Sluseholmen is ideally situated between downtown Copenhagen and beautiful parks. Many of the rooms have views of the marina and the beautiful green areas of Sydhavnstippen, perfect for a run. Not far from the hotel you’ll find the major shopping malls, Field’s and Fisketorvet, and Copenhagen centre with Stroget’s many shops is only 5 km from our hotel. The harbour buses stop close to Scandic Sluseholmen and take you to Nyhavn in less than 30 minutes. If the weather is nice, you can take a dip in the Havnebadet Sluseholmen sea swimming pool in Copenhagen harbour close to the hotel.
Main topic & key points
Europe’s oil/gas independence & green transition
- European and world markets outlook
- Biofuels market development – perspective for next 10 years
- Overview of European and national policies – FuelEU, Fit for 55, REPowerEU
- Global acceleration of biofuels production – new wave
- Best practice examples of meeting emission neutrality goals
- Production and use of alternative fuels in aviation and marine sector
- Digitization in biofuel industry
- Overview of production technologies of cellulosic ethanol, ammonia and hydrogen
- Bunkering, storage & handling technologies news
Who & Why you should join
the Future of Biofuels 2023
During this 2-day event ritch in presentations from industry end-users and running projects case studies will give you a comprehensive overview of the biofuels industry. You can hear experts focusing on new regulations, changing market situation and more. Get a possibility to network and exchange ideas with industry leaders.
Suppliers, producers, end-users from the entire value chain (power companies, trading & distribution companies, producers of feedstock, oil & gas companies, renewable energy consultancies, EPC contractors and OEM’s ) also regulatory & research experts, government organizations and municipalities, biotech developers, renewable energy business consultants, DAC technology providers and business analytics
Once again a warm thank you to our 150+ top level participants from 20+ countries for joining us in Copenhagen!
* UPM * A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S * SAS Scandinavian Airlines * WBA * SkyNRG * Versalis * S&P Global Commodity Insights * SEKAB * Yerrawa ** GIDARA Energy * Nordsol * Topsoe * Linnaeus University * Siemens AG * Bunker One * Neste * Mercurius Biorefining * SHV Energy * Södra ** Technological Insititue for children's products and leisure (AIJU) * Hy2gen * Implement Consulting Group * Biomass Energy Engineering ** Port of Rotterdam * Ethanol Energy * BLC3 Association - Technology and Innovation Campus * GLS Tanks * ABSL * Lund University * COWI ** Norden * Global Risk Management * USTC * Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia * Saga Welco * CM Biomass * BASF Venture Capital ** Kosan Gas * Carl F. Peters * MAN Energy Solutions * GenoFuel * St1 * Aalborg University * Asaş Alüminyum A.Ş * VOW ASA * Paques Europe ** MBP Solutions Ltd Netherlands * FORCE Technology * BASF * "K" Line Bulk Shipping * Spar Shipping * EcoCeres * Syngenta * Rambøll * Saipem * Region Värmland * Technical University of Denmark * Kerogen Capital * Desotec * Sasol * DBG BIO ENERGY * Brenntag Polska ** Kremsmüller Anlagenbau * Technip Energies Netherlands * Nordic Blue Crude * SHELL * TotalEnergies * Ørsted * AirFrance KLM * NIRAS ** Port of Amsterdam * Terranol A/S * Daily Thermetrics Corporation * Eurofuel * University of Graz * EXPUR * Deco SpA * Novozymes ** University of Oslo * Area Science Park * Chemoprojekt * Aurora Energy Research * Austrian Research Promotion Agency * Dankalk *Oil Marketing & Trading International * Baltic Control Certification * Aderco International * OLYX B.V. * Mabanaft Deutschland * Heraklion Port Authority * Imperial College London * Elan Greentech Energies Limited * CIP (Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners) * Stena Bulk * Bird & Bird Attorneys * Motor Oil (Hellas) Corinth Refineries S.A. * Fluxys * Nvalue * Biofuel Technology A/S ** Port of Gothenburg * Tallage Stratégie-Grains * Chematur Engineering * Maersk Tankers A/S Cargill International * Airbus Helicopters * Litasco * New Power Parnters * Ashmead Maritime Shipbrokers * TU- Braunschweig Exzellenzcluster SE2A * Volvo Penta * Business Finland * Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd. * Waterleau Deutschland * Ventspils nafta terminals (VTTI group
Early Bird Rate
Early Bird Rate