25-26 Sept 2024
Following last year’s great response to our Biogas PowerON 2023 with over 130 participants from 22+ countries we’re announcing next edition, 6th European Conference Biogas PowerON 2024, with great excitement. The conference will take place on 25-26 September 2024 in Copenhagen, Denmark. Our 2024 edition focuses on excellent speakers with highly sought presentations, interesting industry panel discussion, technical insights and many hours of networking.
In 2024, biogas continues to gaining popularity amid the energy crisis and Europe's focus on energy independence and security. The coming years mark a crucial turning point for the robust development and scaling up biogas production. The green transformation aahead promises to enhance economic growth, security, and climate action for Europe and its partners. Initiatives like The Biomethane Industrial Partnership (BIP), launched on 28 September 2022, aim to support the EU's target of achieving 35 bcm annual sustainable biomethane production by 2023, laying the groundwork for a sustained ramp-up of biogas potential towards 2050. Biogas stands out as a cost-efficient solution to reduce imports of natural gas from Russia, requiring an estimated EUR 37 billion investment over the period.
Exclusive Site Visits 24 September 2024
The day before the main event, on 24th September 2024, a limited number of conference participants will have a unique opportunity to visit the two state-of-the-art Solrod Biogas plant and Biogas plant in Midtfyn. The tour is organized thanks to Nature Energy and Solrod Biogas.
Register your attendance when booking for the event. There is no extra charge for the site visit and the spaces are allocated on first come first served basis.
Lying on the islands of Zeeland and Amager, Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark and one of the world’s most environmentally friendly cities, is certainly a wonderful destination for any kind of traveler.
The hotel will be located in the city center location. The exact venue will be announced about 2 months before the event. Mostly locating our bioenergy events in Copenhagen currently we are looking at participants numbers to choose the best venue.
Main topic & key points
- Overview of European and national policies and regulations
- Revitalizing Green Energy: The Impact of the Revised Renewable Energy Directive on Biomethane
- The status of the BIP in shaping European regulations
- Reflecting on the 35bcm target: Assessing progress and future directions post- RePowerEU
- Securing Sustainable Growth: Financing Strategies for Biomethane Innovation
- From the plan to the full scale production – how to plan and execute succesful biogas project
- Role of gas infrastructure in decarbonising EU energy sector
- The newest technological advancements in Biogas to Biomethane Upgrading
- BioLNG production: what makes a viable case vs. grid injection
- Hydrothermal gasification and 2G biomethane production production: status on technologies
- Challenges and opportunities faced by biogas producers
- The latest solutions ensuring the safety of biomethane production and transportation
And many more...
Who & Why should join
the 6th Biogas PowerON 2024
During this 2-day event rich in presentations from industry end-users and running projects case studies you will gain a comprehensive overview of the biogas sector. You can hear experts focusing on new regulations, changing market situation and more. Get an opportunity to network and exchange views with industry leaders.
6th European Biogas PowerON 2024 Conference will bring together top-level experts from biogas suppliers, end-users from entire value chain (trading & distribution companies, producers of feedstock, heat & power companies, EPC contractors and OEM’S), technology providers, equipment manufacturers, projects representatives, market analytics, consultancies, research experts, government representatives, business analytics and others
Once again we'd like to thank you for attending Biogas PowerON 2023 with over 130 participants from 22 countries!